PLAYING TRACK THREE: Ten/Master music-inspired art (2/?)
AU: The Doctor can hear the drums. The Master encourages him to embrace them.
“Panic Station” - Muse
Doubts will try to break you
Unleash your heart and soul
Trouble will surround you
Start taking some control
Stand up and deliver
Your wildest fantasy
Do what the fuck you want to
There’s no one to appease
Ooh, 1, 2, 3, 4 fire’s in your eyes
And this chaos, it defies imagination
Ooh, 5, 6, 7 minus 9 lives
You’ve arrived at panic station
- 1, 2, 3, 4 —> alludes to the drumming
- “minus 9 lives” —> alludes to the fact that Ten has already used up 9 lives/regenerations
an informative presentation about my otp
No but seriously why would you not ship it?
-Over 40 years of screen time (one of the show’s only constants)
-They can look like ANYONE (think of your favorite two people. They could potentially be them)
-They can live forever (or die. Whatever works for you)
-They have had every type of relationship (bondage, angst, fluff, crack, you name it)
-Actors and writers alike have nodded to it
What more could you want?
- On one non-canon occasion they actually did end up together (curse of the fatal death, it was written by Moffat for Comic Relieve)
- In a cartoon spin-off the Doctor and the Master lived together in the TARDIS, kept bickering like an old married couple and I seriously recommend to go and listen to the ‘answering machine’ they have (Scream of the Shalka)
- And do I need to mention the more or less canon Academy Era? When they were friends? You don’t even need a High School AU my dears, just look at that
- They also have novels with them in BEFORE they became enemies. In which everything was foreshadowing and heart breaking.
-Audio plays which will rip out your heart. In which one of them MADE A DEAL WITH DEATH for the other to be happy for 10 years. THEN the other SACRIFICES himself to save him.
- NO personal space.
-They like touching one another.
- Three called the Master his ‘Best enemy’.
PLAYING TRACK THREE: Ten/Master music-inspired art (1/?)
“Undisclosed Desires” - Muse
I want to reconcile the violence in your heart
I want to recognise your beauty’s not just a mask
I want to exorcise the demons from your past
I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart